Sedation dentistry is an ideal solution to provide a comfortable experience to patients who fear dental offices or those requiring complex and extensive treatments. Avoiding dental appointments can be harmful to your oral health. That is why, at Park Creek Dental Care, we provide the suitable sedation techniques appropriate for your condition.
Why Choose Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry can aid in several ways, including:
- Reduces anxiety
- Minimizes discomfort
- Safe and comfortable
- Minimal recovery time
- Reduces gag reflex
- Provides pain-relief
- The dentist can work faster
Sedation Dentistry Techniques
The type of sedation the dentist recommends for you will depend on your fears, anxiety, and the nature of your treatment. You can choose from several alternatives, including:
- Oral conscious sedation
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- IV sedation
What Is Oral Sedation?
Oral sedation dentistry involves the administration of sedative drugs orally to reduce the stress and anxiety of patients during a dental procedure.
Advantages of Oral Sedation
- Easy to administer:The patient just needs to swallow the pill an hour before the dental procedure.
- No needles:Unlike IV sedation, oral sedation doesn't involve any needles.
- Amnesia:The strong dosage of oral sedation causes patients to have little to no memory of the dental treatment.
- Safe: Oral sedation is safe with no dangerous side effects. Besides, the oral sedatives used are all regulated by the FDA.
- Responsive:With oral sedation, the patient will be awake and responsive during the dental treatments.
Is Oral Sedation Right for You?
Oral sedation refers to prescription medication taken prior to your appointment. Oral sedation provides a calming sensation that relaxes the patient while making them completely unaware of any pain that may normally occur during a procedure. When a patient chooses to use oral sedation, they will be asked to take a pill about an hour before their appointment. While the patient will be unaware of what is happening during their appointment, they will still be awake and responsive.
Oral sedation is a cost-effective approach to help patients feel comfortable during dental procedures. Patients take an oral sedative about an hour before the appointment, which helps them feel sleepy and relaxed. Many patients don’t even remember the procedure afterward.
Oral sedation is an everyday approach for many patients that visit the dentist. Patients that feel anxious about the dentist often benefit from oral sedation.
To learn more about our dental services or schedule a consultation, call Dentist in Woodstock, GA at (470) 601-7888 or visit Park Creek Dental Care at 8080 Hickory Flat Hwy, Woodstock, GA 30188.