Dentures are prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth in the mouth. They help to restore the functionality of the teeth and the smile of the patient. At Park Creek Dental Care, our dentist recommends dentures as a comfortable restorative option.
Types of Dentures
There are two types of dentures we provide to patients at our dental practice:
- Complete Dentures: It is a type of denture that helps to replace the full arch of teeth in the mouth.
- Partial Dentures: Patients who have suffered partial tooth loss are recommended to get partial dentures.
Benefits of Dentures
- Dentures restore the teeth and promote the aesthetic appearance of the patient.
- They resolve various dental issues that are caused by tooth loss.
- Bite conditions and speech impairment caused by tooth loss can be treated with dentures.
- They are easy to clean and convenient to use compared to other restorative options.
- Dentures help to prevent other dental health issues.
Procedure for Fixing Dentures
The dentist conducts an initial dental checkup to analyze the patient's dental requirements. The dental impressions of the patient are obtained for the fabrication of the denture. A digital mold of the denture is created by the dentist and sent to the laboratory for the fabrication of the denture. The dentures are made from acrylic resin and contain a base and replacement teeth. The procedure is completed by placing the denture inside the mouth, which is held in place through suction.
Partial dentures are dentures that replace only a few missing teeth. They are a good solution for people who have some healthy teeth remaining and need to have them replaced.
Benefits of Partials
Partials offer many benefits, including:
- A more aesthetically pleasing smile
- The ability to speak and chew normally
- More comfortable
- A more beautiful smile
- Easier to keep clean
When Are Partials Recommended?
Partials are recommended for patients who still have some natural teeth remaining. A partial denture is a removable prosthetic that fits securely and comfortably, allowing you to resume normal activities.
What Can I Expect When Getting Partial Dentures?
Partial dentures are a good option for patients who need tooth replacement but want to leave some of their teeth in place. Because these dentures replace only a few teeth, they are smaller and less invasive than full dentures.
Our dentist will prepare your mouth for your partial dentures. They will take an impression of your mouth, which will be sent to a dental lab. There, the technicians will fabricate your dentures, and our dentist will check them for fit.
To learn more about our dental services or schedule a consultation, call Dentist in Woodstock, GA at (470) 601-7888 or visit Park Creek Dental Care at 8080 Hickory Flat Hwy, Woodstock, GA 30188.